[OpenBIOS] compiler speed

Klaus Seegebarth kseege at t-online.de
Tue Jun 25 11:04:02 CEST 2002

Stefan Reinauer schrieb:
> * Klaus Seegebarth <kseege at t-online.de> [020624 10:06]:
> [snip...snip]
>
> > A faster completion of a task only leads to longer idle periods :-)
>
> this is true in embedded systems for all tasks except booting.
> There it means in case of a failure you can reduce the time until the
> machine is able to fulfill it's tasks in 22% less time.

Yes, absolutely true :-)

But i never used more than 10 minutes of my day for booting
(except the old VAX/VMS days). So a speedup of 22% will only
save me 2 minutes and some seconds. Thats why i say: _i_ dont care.
I want to save one _hour_ per day, this is what counts for me :-)

And that is why i am arguing: please make it simple enough,
that i can really _use_ it. If it gets too complicated, i will
need more time to make it running than i will gain by its usage.

Sorry for beeing so obstinate ;-)

Thanks

Klaus

-