[OpenBIOS] Some thoughts on paflof.

Patrick Mauritz oxygene at studentenbude.ath.cx
Thu Jun 13 14:25:05 CEST 2002

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 12:52:19PM +0200, Klaus Seegebarth wrote:
> From my knowledge about OpenFirmware i remember, that OF is a
> token threaded ANS-Forth with some extensions for the device-tree
> and a number of tokens (roundabout 300?) have a predefined value.

> What is wrong with my thoughts ?
maybe that the structure of the dictionary is an implementation detail
in _every_ Forth "standard"? so it's not important if we're using indirect
threaded, direct threaded or anything else - there could even be an OF
implementation that compiles to real binary code, but that's not feasible
for a multiplatform project...

so where's the problem?

patrick mauritz
--
>   In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded - Yeah right...   <
                      Drink wet cement. Get stoned.
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..