[OpenBIOS] Some thoughts on paflof.

Klaus Seegebarth kseege at t-online.de
Thu Jun 13 13:52:19 CEST 2002

Segher Boessenkool wrote:

[snip...snip]

> About the Paflof inner interpreter:
>
> 1) It's plain old simple indirect threading;

[snip...snip]

>Any more questions?  Please ask :)

Thanks for your kind answers. I suppose i do not understand some
fundamental design decisions.

>From my knowledge about OpenFirmware i remember, that OF is a

token threaded ANS-Forth with some extensions for the device-tree
and a number of tokens (roundabout 300?) have a predefined value.

So i would expect OpenBios to use token threading instead of
indirect threading. If OpenBios wants strict compatibility with
IEEE 1275, isn´t this necessary ?  The tokenizer/detokenizer for
C-Code is a nice feature for all those, who are frightened by Forth,
but isn´t it just a convenient add-on, while the token threaded Forth
is the heart of the whole thing ?

What is wrong with my thoughts ?

Regards

Klaus