[OpenBIOS] Some thoughts on paflof.

Segher Boessenkool segher at chello.nl
Thu Jun 13 04:52:07 CEST 2002

Parag Patel wrote:

> >a) C doesn't allow to cast pointers to integers v.v. etc. without
> >   going through a union;
>
> That's not true unless you don't want to use type-casts.

I should have said "C99 with strict pointers" ;)

> >b) performance is king ;)
>
> First make it run, then make it fast.  It's a rare problem that requires
> the wrong results as fast as possible. :)

Always keep performance in mind while designing a program (as well as
several other factors; maintainability is also very high on the list).

The code doesn't have to run fast, but it should be structured in such
a way that it is easy to make it go fast.

Well, that's (part of) my design philosophy, at least :)

Segher

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..