[OpenBIOS] Defining ." and "

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Fri Jun 7 18:04:14 CEST 2002

* Stefan Reinauer <stepan at suse.de> [020607 16:11]:
> HEX
> 0 > : " 22 PARSE ; IMMEDIATE
>  ok
> 0 > : ." 22 PARSE TYPE ; IMMEDIATE
>  ok

I got a bit further - Tried something like

: ALLOT HERE+ ;
: " 22 PARSE HERE C@ 1+ ALLOT ;

HERE+ seems to do what ALLOT is supposed to do, is that right?
I looked into the code and it seems a bit unclear to me. HERE
should be like : HERE DP @ ;
As HERE is a prim word, and DP is not visible from outside, I looked
into the code and found:

code_HERE:
{
        (++dp)->a = interpreter->here;
        NEXT;
}

code_HERE_X2b:
{
        interpreter->here += (dp--)->n;
        NEXT;
}

Looks like "dp" what is called SP/TOS, whereas &(interpreter->here) is
DP. Is this right? We should comment this or rename to a more intuitive
name scheming...

Using HERE+ for ALLOT did not solve the problem overwriting the text.
Any ideas?

  Stefan

--
The x86 isn't all that complex - it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.          -- Mike Johnson, Leader of 80x86 Design at AMD
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..