[OpenBIOS] patch: machine dependent config

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Thu Jun 6 18:15:57 CEST 2002

* Segher Boessenkool <segher at chello.nl> [020606 15:58]:
> I think I'll make it more general, though, with some perl script
> to test what sizes are available etc., and generating a header file
> from that info.

Urghs. This develops autobuild like intelligence ;) Be aware that you
can test machine specifics, not necessarily specifics of the same
compiler. Though this could be done as well.

I had something in mind which does not need any external functionality
but put everything to a seperate file so we don't need to mix forth
implementation and platform adoptions.

> Don't be alarmed by the "cruft" in paflof.c anyway; it's just the
> unix-specific userland version; it is _allowed_ to contain filthy
> debugging stuff ;)

ack. I guess I just like painting. ;)

> Btw, paflof compiles cleanly both on 32 and 64 bit systems now.
> Oh, and the 128-bit type is only needed on 64-bit hosts if double
> cell arithmetic is needed, and then only if that arithmetic _actually_
> uses "big" values (i.e., we don't really have a problem here now :) )

I know. But if we want to support IEEE 1275-1994 completely we will need
this anyways and it might be worth it having this stuff working as soon
as we have the compiler and fcode engine up and running. (which is
probably not that far from now)

  Stefan
--
The x86 isn't all that complex - it just doesn't make a lot of
sense.          -- Mike Johnson, Leader of 80x86 Design at AMD
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..