[OpenBIOS] laptop bios

Christopher Smith kegwasher at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 31 07:30:35 CET 2002

first post to the group sorry if this is old news.

I am looking for info on what the bios of a dell latitude 433c consists of.
specifically, the size of eeprom I can stick in, what if any special
functions are implemented there besides the generic ones.  I am on the hunt
to replace the stock bios of this poor creature with one that is

a) open
b) optimized to help Linux start up
c) faster&lighter on the resources available(486sx at 33) in startup and
shutdown.

I want to stuff as much as possible of the core linux/freeBSD/Xnix into a
bios type of storage to reduce the amount of time I am using the HD.  Once I
find I have not blown up the old dell I my get brave and think about surgery
on the new Dell.

To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..