[OpenBIOS] hello and question(s)

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Tue Jan 8 19:12:34 CET 2002

* Gil Hauer <gilh at sympatico.ca> [020108 18:12]:
> I'm particularily interested in the fcode tokenizer as (in my novice
> view) one needs this to start writing some fcode, right?

Exactly. It is needed to build the whole firmware code running on the
evaluator. Meanwhile there are different tokenizers available from
Apple and Codegen, but those are not free so we should work out our
own version.

> Is anyone working on this?

I've put some preliminary code I wrote until now. It partly tokenizes
fcode, but forth constructs like do..loop or colon definitions are not
tokenized. Their fcode versions are partly implemented though.

Find it under http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/bin/toke-0.0.tar.gz

As I consider it pretty raw and maybe worth a rewrite using flex/bison
I hadn't put it up to CVS yet.

Any work on toke(and of course the other parts) is welcome!

Best regards,
  Stefan Reinauer

--
Ok hex 4666 dup negate do i 4000 dup 2* negate do " *" 0 dup 2dup 1e 0 do
 2swap * e >>a 2* 3 pick + -rot - j + dup dup * e >>a rot dup dup * e >>a
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..