[OpenBIOS] OpenBIOS for TFTP

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Fri Dec 13 15:03:17 CET 2002

Dear Jack,

> Can OpenBIOS be used to initiate tftp booting across the ethernet?
> The alternatives of making a eprom memory strip, or having an eprom
> in the NIC, are more expensive and time consumming, so I am keen
> to use OpenBIOS for this.
>
> I have looked through the news history, and the web site and still
> cannot find the answer. (but of course that doesn't mean much)

Unfortunately OpenBIOS is not ready for prime time yet. I am currently
working on the forth engine and trying to fiddle vocabularies support
into it - one big step towards Package (driver) support.

You might want to have a look at LinuxBIOS though: www.linuxbios.org.
It can be used together with an etherboot payload to boot a kernel
loaded via tftp. (I'm doing the same thing on a Geode system)

  Stefan

--
Laissez Faire Economics is the theory that if each acts like a vulture,
all will end as doves.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de
http://www.freiburg.linux.de/OpenBIOS/ - free your system..