[OpenBIOS] Re: boy is EFI a kludge!

Chris Maresca ckm at crust.net
Tue Aug 28 11:58:52 CEST 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Gavin Robert Brewer wrote:

> Textual interfaces are pretty much obsolete.

*funny* I guess you've never used an ATM?  Or any piece of hardware with a
20x4 LCD display?

Please, your lack of knowledge is astounding.  Do some research before
assuming that just because XXX is going on and you've thought of YYY,
that's the way the world should work.

And, for the record, I have both an Intel laptop and a Mac on my desk.  I
also have a NeXT about 3ft from me, and two Sun boxes down the hall
(including the one I'm composing this mail on).

I think it's great that you want to create a box that boots into graphical
mode, but it's already been done (by NeXT in 1989 and Apple waaay before
that), and my SuSE 7.1 machine boots up into graphical mode (after the
BIOS init).

Therefore, I believe that this is not the list for these sorts of
discussions.  Like Ron said, you can start your own, or move the
discussion to your site.  BIOS is for intializing hardware, and therefore
needs to do the bare minimum.

Chris.

--
chris maresca
      internet systems architect -- www.chrismaresca.com

"linux, only up 138 days, because california has flaky power... "

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de