[OpenBIOS] Re: boy is EFI a kludge!

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Tue Aug 28 14:27:21 CEST 2001

> > Form and function are two sides of the same jewel in my view.
> > It HAS to look good.

> i've seen some text based interfaces that look quite good using ansi
> graphics and colord text, etc...  Just because something is text
> doesn't mean it looks bad.  I do admit the Linux Kernel bootup is
> pretty ugly, but I think that is more a function of it being rather
> disorganized and chaotic.

GREAT!
You have successfully traced a feature of the linux operating system to
its real cause.

You have taken your first step back towards the light side of the
source. =) (I also must congratulate you on your recognition of the
inferiority of certain bad GUIs.)

That its Ugly bootup is a result of a chaotic kernel.

Now lets see if you can make the next step and recognise that chaotic
software is inferior to well-orgainized software and thereby recognise
this as a fundamental flaw in LiNuKs itself.

If you can do that I'll pronounce you cured of irrational Linux
fanaticism! =)

--
If your grandmother can use Linux then perhaps she wouldn't mind
admining my server/router and my workstation for me, I just don't have
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de