[OpenBIOS] Re: Licensing issues

Stefan Reinauer stepan at core-systems.de
Mon Aug 27 23:47:13 CEST 2001

* Chris Maresca <ckm at crust.net> [010827 20:29]:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Gavin Robert Brewer wrote:
>
> > Just dont get caught. Sun and Apple knew that, when they ripped off
> > Xerox's work.
>
> And, BTW, Bill Gates _bought_ DOS from an outfit called Seattle Computer.
> There was no IBM DOS, IBM was running CP/M, among other things.  You might
> be thinking of DR DOS, but that did not come out until much later.

They bought QDOS (Quick and Dirty Operating System) and made it MS DOS.

> If you want to get caught up in these myths, that's fine.  But it won't
> help you when the hammer comes down.

Nor will anyone (else) from the OpenBIOS group.

> Look, we all want open source bios, why spoil it by stealing someone
> else's code?

Exactly.  It's the sickness found all over the open source movement that
people try to copy or steal another persons (or companies) idea. We do
have enough knowledge and experience to develop our own concepts so why
even think about getting us in trouble with childish robin hood ideas if
it's not even worth it.

> Anyway, I've had enough of this thread.  Please move on to something more
> constructive.

full ack.

Best regards,
   Stefan Reinauer

--
Mad, adj.:
        Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de