[OpenBIOS] award bios source code - please send requests

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Mon Aug 27 22:37:06 CEST 2001

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 13:12:15 -0600 (MDT), Ronald G Minnich wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Per Jessen wrote:
>
>> I certainly have no intention of breaking any laws and/or regulations,
>> or violating anybodys copyrights. Most assuredly not. I believe the
>> code was already made publicly available a while ago, quite possibly
>> via the linuxbios mailing list.
>

>somebody made a similar offer a long time ago on the linuxbios mailing
>list. I checked the old emails in that concerning this. About four or five
>people told the person we were not at all interested, since it was a
>proprietary bios and the code probably sucked anyway (that is one thing
>I've learned by talking to people who did have access to this standard
>BIOSes -- hideous assembly code).

Certainly assembler code - and not particularly pretty either. I don't see it
being used anywhere for anything else than perhaps a learning exercise.

regards,
Per

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Windows 2001: "I'm sorry Dave ...  I'm afraid I can't do that."

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de