[OpenBIOS] award bios source code - please send requests

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Mon Aug 27 21:48:11 CEST 2001

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001 10:02:06 -0600 (MDT), Ronald G Minnich wrote:

>On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Brian Hurt wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Per Jessen wrote:
>>
>> > All,
>> >
>> > having just returned from a weeks sailing in the Ionian Sea, I remembered
>> > I had a number of requests for a copy of the Award BIOS source code I
>> > mentioned in a previous posting to the list.
>> >
>> > If you're interested, simply reply to this email.
>> >

>> I am somewhat concerned about the potiential licensing and intellectual
>> property rights problems distributing a copy of the proprietary BIOS on
>> the open-bios mailing list, or even to a large segment of it's developers,
>> would entail.  Perhaps I missed the original message to the list which
>> dealt with this.  Has it been discussed?
>
>I'm just really glad it's on the openbios list. If this discussion had
>appeared on any list I own I would have had to moderate the list or filter
>out the offers for BIOS source or just plain reject mail from people who
>offered it.
>Yes, I think it's a terrible thing.

I certainly have no intention of breaking any laws and/or regulations, or violating
anybodys copyrights. Most assuredly not. I believe the code was already made publicly
available a while ago, quite possibly via the linuxbios mailing list.

regards,
Per Jessen

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Windows 2001: "I'm sorry Dave ...  I'm afraid I can't do that."

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de