[OpenBIOS] award bios source code - please send requests

Chris Maresca ckm at crust.net
Mon Aug 27 10:34:50 CEST 2001

I agree.  Anyone who looks at this source code and then writes (or copies)
code for openbios would be doing the project a huge disfavor.

You would essential give Award an easy (very easy) way to shut down the
code, and no manufacturer would touch this project with a 10ft. pole.

Unless, that is, Per Jessen has a license to distribute source code AND
has the authority to release it for inclusion in Open Source licensed
software.

I have spent (and continue to spend) huge amounts of time consulting about
Open Source licensing issues, mostly for Global 1000 companies.  The
pollution of Open Source licensed code with proprietary code (coupled with
a lack of responsible body for Open Source code) is the single largest
fear that prevents most of these companies from using Open Source.  And
this is just contributing to this.

Chris.

--
chris maresca
      internet systems architect -- www.chrismaresca.com

"linux, only up 138 days, because california has flaky power... "

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de