[OpenBIOS] New power-up graphics BIOS.

James Oakley jfunk at funktronics.ca
Thu Aug 23 19:30:50 CEST 2001

On August 23, 2001 04:57 am, you wrote:
> Anyone know where I can get a good value-for-money EEPROM programmer in the
> UK?
> (It should be able to handle Motorola chips)

What kind of Motorola chips? Flash, EPROM, microcontroller? If it's generic
flash/EPROM then most programmers will handle it. Weird stuff, like
controllers require special programmers.

Since you're in the UK, pick up the latest electronics magazine. You guys
have the *good* ones like Elektor, which costs me CAN$15.00 over here.

I just opened an issue I have here and found a very nice-looking
relatively-cheap one at http://www.crownhill.co.uk/ called the 'PreProm' for
£132.

Of course, there's always Maplin at http://www.maplin.co.uk/ which is quite
popular. Even I've ordered from them and I live in Canada. They may have
something as well.

Hope this helps.

--
James Oakley