[OpenBIOS] Platform for the OPENBIOS question

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Thu Aug 23 00:23:28 CEST 2001

Hi,

> what I did is to leave the SRM image in place, and only have one linuxbios
> to start.
>
> There is still a way to recover even when you toast flash. I just don't
> know what it is :-(
>
> There is a keyboard sequence that lets you talk to the maintenance
> processor. As it comes up try hitting ESC-ESC-rmc

Unfortunately in the remote management console there is no way to flash
the machine's firmware. (No documented one at least). The RMC was the
only thing being alife after the flash attempt.

> The VIA chipsets are just plain hard. My code kind of works with one SDRAM
> in on the 8601 and 69x chipset. I didn't have the time to figure them out
> so I moved on. I am hoping VIA will get me some working code at some
> point.

So is it a good starting point to remove 2 of the 3 SDRAM Dimms until the whole
thing boots somehow?

Best regards,
  Stefan

--
Mad, adj.:
        Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de