[OpenBIOS] Platform for the OPENBIOS question

Stefan Reinauer stepan at suse.de
Thu Aug 23 00:20:24 CEST 2001

* Maciej W. Rozycki <macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl> [010822 22:45]:

>  Does the DS10 have a SROM mini console as most (all?) Alpha systems from
> Digital have?  If so you should be able to reinstall firmware from it.
> All you need is a serial terminal at 9600bps (IIRC).

Yes.. it does. And I even think I read something about recovering flash
from srom, but the cable you need is some weird internal connector and
I couldn't get hold of a cable for that one yet. Fortunately the machine
is partly alife again since compaq gave us an exchange board and took the
old one to there engineers

Best regards,
Stefan

--
Mad, adj.:
        Affected with a high degree of intellectual independence.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de