[OpenBIOS] Platform for the OPENBIOS question

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Wed Aug 22 11:05:04 CEST 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Stefan Reinauer wrote:

> BTW, does the DS10 you used for your tests have a socketed flash? We have two
> here, but both have soldered SMD flash roms. Unfortunately, I did a mistake
> when I was flashing LinuxBIOS the last time. As they only do in rom FSB,
> there's no way out except calling compaq service.

it is soldered. You have to be really careful.

You did try flipping sw3 jp8? you should be able to recover. Where in
flash did you put linuxbios?

> Are there any sis 630 boards you can recommend? As LinuxBIOS supports loading
> ELF images over network now, I'd like to stay away from using DOC parts.

if you're going to use elfboot over the net, almost anything but ASUS
should work.

> I read your statement that sdram is not supported by linuxbios at the moment.

sdram was always supported. I must have said something wrong. It's just a
real mess to get right for different chipsets.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de