[OpenBIOS] Platform for the OPENBIOS question

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 21 14:00:24 CEST 2001

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Mads Martin Jørgensen wrote:

> > Maybe I missed it, but for the Open BIOS that is being discussed, is
> > there a specific single board computer (SBC), motherboard, chipset (or
> > ?) that the BIOS will be targeted on.
>
> I think we would eventually want drivers for a lot of different
> constellations.

yep, that's what we all want. But you're going to have to pick one to
start.

You might want to try the SiS 630E based mainboards, since both Tiara and
linuxbios run on those. So we understand the issues.

> No, AFAIK it will be targeted to be Open Firmware compliant, and
> therefore working on different archs.

that doesn't make any sense to me. the arch has nothing to do with open
firmware compliance.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de