[OpenBIOS] Graphics mode bios

jmjones at jmjones.com jmjones at jmjones.com
Sun Aug 19 17:22:47 CEST 2001

On Sun, 19 Aug 2001, Edwin Rhodes wrote:

> Hi, just read about your own graphics mode bios, cool, will you be releasing
> the source code?

I admit it, I'm a lurker.  Subscribed to this list a long while ago, and
suddenly it seems to have been "restored" (at least for me.)

I'm interested in building some security into the BIOS, vis-a-vis
verifying that subsequently loaded operating systems are
uncorrupted/unmodified before they load and, possibly, while they are
running.  Security begins with the RESET pin and moves outward, and I'd
like to contribute code and thoughts along this line, if they would be
useful to this effort.  I'll trade code for other functions (and
optimizations).

This leads me to a few questions:

1) Is this totally out of band here... if so, thanks, I'll go back to
lurking... but this is an interesting project.

2) Is there a "semi-firm" specification that I can reference that defines,
semi-exactly, the objectives of this list, so I can stay "in-context."

3) What area is being least covered and would you want an experienced
coder/systems designer/team to look at to provide value to your project?

Wondering If I Can Help,
I have 20 years experience with C and ASM code for the x86 family,
J. Melvin Jones

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de