[OpenBIOS] New power-up graphics BIOS.

Gavin R. Brewer gavinbr at gavinbr.worldonline.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 23:14:40 CEST 2001

Ralph,

>The system setup can be highly unique for each CPU (PII, PIII,
>Celeron, Ultra-Low Power, etc),
> "co-processor" (440BX, 440TX, et. al.) and/or Super I/O....
> These devices must be initialized before DRAM, PCI bus, etc will get
> started, even before the Video driver is loaded.

Hmm..it looks like the problem is more tangled than I thought. Could you be
a bit more specific as to what happens at bootup, from the proverbial flick
of the power switch? I need your expert input here.

btw. there is no need for any sort of annoying spam to appear on the screen
at bootup. Who wants to see it? I think the builders of conventional PC BIOS
are a little set in their ways.. (no offence if you are one of those guys
;-)

Another important question: how did the Apple-Mac folks do it?

All the best,
			Gavin.

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de