[OpenBIOS] current ugly pci config code.

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at mandrakesoft.com
Mon May 1 22:48:57 CEST 2000

Colin Jensen wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> > It also thinks IDE is disabled, even though the debug prints show that I'm
> > turning on the relevant bits.
>
> Did you enable Memory, IO, and Bus Master on the IDE?  You need Mem and IO
> enabled even if there are no memory regions associated with the device -- I'm
> assuming that if I possessed the PCI IDE spec, it would tell me that a PCI IDE
> device receives ISA bus cycles or some crazy thing like that.

> Sorry I can't explain WHY it needs these -- I don't know :-).  But when I was
> programming the bus for my project, I found I needed them.

Any devices which export legacy ISA memory or address regions need
memory and I/O decoding turned on.  Since legacy ISA resources aren't
reported in the base address registers, you have to be careful...

	Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik              | Nothing cures insomnia like the
Building 1024            | realization that it's time to get up.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de