[OpenBIOS] Re: [fb-d] closer ...

James james at tbp.berkeley.edu
Wed May 3 14:13:33 CEST 2000

> Also trying to get cl gd5480 up. Jeff, turns out on the L440GX if you plug
> in a PCI video card the bios will execute a HLT. Yep, can't have two video
> cards. Wonder why Intel did this?

I love Intel.

Ron, more seriously, there is a "VGA Disable" or "Video Disable" on the
L440GX+ or whatever that mainboard was we were working on earlier; that
should allow you to plug in a second PCI video card.

Or: Many ATI cards that I've seen have a "BIOS disable" jumper on
themselves (I would presume Matrox cards would do this too so you can run
multiheaded).  If you short that, the PC BIOS won't see the ATI card at
all.

Either of these solutions will be easier than getting the Cirrus up; I
would suggest flipping the motherboard jumper.

I think Intel designed it like that because there is a single space where
all the video card stuff goes, but I'm not sure...

Tell us if you get it to work.

	- James

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de