[OpenBIOS] Mixing 16 and 32 bits code

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Sat May 20 13:57:13 CEST 2000

On Fri, 19 May 2000, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> On Wed, 17 May 2000, Ollie Lho wrote:
>
> > 	.byte 0x66 /* prefix */
> > 	.byte 0x26
> > 	.byte 0x0f, 0x01, 0x16 /* lgdt [es:offset]*/
> > 	.word 0x02	/* offset in segment */
>
>  Hmm, why would you encode lgdt manually?  I can't recall gas handling it
> incorrectly and even if it did it would be gas that would need fixing.
> AFAIR, the "lgdtl %es:2" instruction yields exactly the same bytes as you
> emit explicitly above.

including the 0x66?

anyway I'm more than happy to change this code, but I was having GAS
pains :-). I like your fix though.

Seriously, though, don't forget that this code doesn't change after this
point as far as I am concerned. The real effort at this point is in the C
code.

But thanks for the tip!

ron

-