[OpenBIOS] Programming ROMS

Edwin Rhodes edwin_rhodes at hotmail.com
Wed May 24 16:18:19 CEST 2000

Hi, I've managed to obtain some 486 and 386 ROM's that I would like to program. I would like to replace the current ROM code with that of the linux bios code. unfortunately I don't think that the boards support flash update?? how do I go about re-programming them??? what hardware and software is required to re-write the bios?? would I be able to get away with a hot-swap??? or do i need a proper rom programmer, if so which one would you recommend.

thanks,

Edwin

ps. well done for getting so far with linux bios. if there is anything I can do to help let me know. :)