[OpenBIOS] Programming ROMS

Jessen, Per JesseP at europe.stortek.com
Wed May 24 17:48:06 CEST 2000

Assuming they are indeed EPROMs, you need to determine the type
of EPROM (make, code - e.g. AMD27Cxxxx and so on).
Retrieve the datasheet from the manufacturers website, then determine
how to program them.

> required to re-write the bios?? would I be able to get away
> with a hot-swap??? or do i need a proper rom programmer, if
> so which one would you recommend.

If the EPROMs are not flashable, simply go for a burner that supports
the type of chip(s) you have.
I'm not sure what you mean by 'hot-swap' ?

regards,
Per Jessen

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de