[OpenBIOS] STPC BIOS sources posted

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Mar 2 11:25:22 CET 2000

"Ronald G. Minnich" wrote:

> Jeff, the copyrights in STP have "all rights reserved" in places. This
> seems kind of worrisome -- do you see a problem?

*shrug*  The author said it is GPL'd, that's good enough for me.  The
author probably didn't have time to update the headers or something like
that...

> Other than copyright questions STP pretty much is laid out (in how it
> works) just like I want. No NASM at all. Get memory going, get into 32-bit
> mode, get into C in short order. It's really a good design.

I think so too :)  I am trying to hack together a BIOS for the Intel
i430FX (Triton) chipset, and STPC was much easier to use as a base than
OpenBIOS.

--
Jeff Garzik              | Rule 1:
Building 1024            | There is no cabal.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de