[OpenBIOS] STPC BIOS sources posted

Johan Rydberg johan.rydberg at netinsight.se
Thu Mar 2 20:51:39 CET 2000

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> > 32-bit
> > > >
> > is any plan to get hardware init and drivers?
> > it has future plans on open bios to support mutilpe os loader?
>
> Jaime,
>
> I don't want to speak for Johan, but from past conversations with him it
> seems more like the STPC BIOS sources are a code drop from a dead
> project.
>
> He offered to let me maintain the sources, which I might do if/when I
> get my i430FX motherboard booting with the STPC-derived BIOS...
>
> But to answer your question, I don't think there are ANY plans for this
> source, as it is a code drop and not the beginning of a new project...

Exactly. We (Net Insight, Inc.) doesn't use the code anymore, since we
have dropped the STPC platform and moved on to a StrongARM-110 based
platform.

The code is free to use by anyone.

Johan Rydberg			johan.rydberg at netinsight.net
Net Insight AB, Sweden		direct: +46-8-685 04 17
http://www.netinsight.net	phone:  +46-8-685 04 00
				fax:    +46-8-685 04 20
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de