[OpenBIOS] POST speeds.

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Tue Mar 21 17:17:52 CET 2000

I like the idea of an OpenBoot to compliant BIOS that boots quickly. But I
must insist on a full un-abridged POST sequence! I currently run the slow RAM
test because I have had some problems with it in the past.

As for the P2 bootup problems, I am almost certain the problem is that you
aren't switching on the L2 cache. Get the free intel manuals for more info. =)
(It's probably a matter of setting some funky bit somewhere)

--
The militia whose regulation was referred to by the second ammendment is
the one run by the pentagon.

http://users.erols.com/alangrimes/
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de