[OpenBIOS] Re: Keyboard O.K. On SiS 630

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Jun 1 09:14:54 CEST 2000

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Ollie Lho wrote:

> 	You mentioned in a post that you can get monitor on ?? Which frame
> buffer device did you use ?? sisfb ?? How did you do that ?

No, I am not using sisfb at present since it did not work (oops). I
plugged a matrox millenium into my pci bus.

Interesting thought: It's very easy if you're using linuxbios to have lots
of display cards. I am probably going to take the sis630 MB once it is
running linuxbios correctly, put four cards into it, and replace my
20" monitor with 4 14" lcd displays and try to run a multi-headed X. I'm
not sure how you do this with xfree86 but it ought to work -- it worked 10
years ago on a sun3 ...

ron
p.s. If you put the matrox into a standard L440GX running Intel's bios,
the BIOS will detect the extra display card and ... execute a HLT
instruction. Stupid BIOS!

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de