[OpenBIOS] Re: [fb-d] Current States of LinuxBios on SiS 630

tyson at rwii.com tyson at rwii.com
Fri Jun 2 11:57:21 CEST 2000

On  1 Jun, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> tyson at rwii.com wrote:

>> > Let me know if any SIS engineers need CVS commit permissions.  Ronald
>> > and Johan (original STPC BIOS author) already have CVS commit
>> > permission.
>>
>> What is the prefered method for submitting updates from what might be
>> considered random people?
>
> Use the "submit a patch" link on the home page :)
>
> http://freebios.sourceforge.net/

Since I am working more with the linuxbios "branch" of things than the
freebios branch it isn't clear that what you suggest is a useful way to
get patches in.

> Like most open source projects, if the patches are consistently good,
> you'll get CVS commit access eventually.

...that works for me.  I will be working on a home-brew 440BX board.
Direct CVS access may not be better than submitting patches so long as
there is an effective patch submitting process.

If commiting linuxbios into the freebios repository is taking place
during the next couple of days I should probably just wait and re-sync
when that is done.

Cheers!
Ty

--