[OpenBIOS] Re: [fb-d] sis630 problem temporary resolution.

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Jun 2 09:07:01 CEST 2000

On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Matthew Sullivan wrote:

> Just a thought - ignore me if it's daft - loadlin takes command line
> params and passes them to the kernel - why not use the same method...?

not daft as far as I can tell. I am getting too hung up on PARAM. The
biggest problem is the kernel expects all this stuff to be on the
empty_zero_page. linuxbios boot code doesn't know where in the kernel that
is -- because linux setup code (arch/i386/boot/*.S) copies stuff from
0x90000 and other places to the empty_zero_page.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de