[OpenBIOS] SiS 630 Status Udpate

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at mandrakesoft.com
Sun Jun 4 17:34:31 CEST 2000

"Timothy J. Massey" wrote:

> On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 15:04:04 +0800, Ollie Lho wrote:
>
> >       SiS' status: no, we can not make SiSFB work under current romimage.
> >       We are pushing VGA BIOS group very hard to release the code ASAP.
> >       For the moment, we are considering using Matrox FB instead of SiSFB,
> >       if you are succeeded in setting up MatroxFB. (We will be back on SiS
> >       FB once VGA BIOS provide enough information).
>
> Is it me or are the SIS people *killing* themselves to make this work?
>
> Gives me something to think about when I buy my next motherboard...

<activist>

That's what I love about open source...  SiS' close work with the open
source community guarantees that their products are supported well under
FreeBIOS, Linux, and other software, which in turn boosts their sales.
Everybody wins.

</activist>

--
Jeff Garzik              | Liberty is always dangerous, but
Building 1024            | it is the safest thing we have.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de