[OpenBIOS] SMP Bootup

James Hendricks james at tbp.berkeley.edu
Fri Jun 9 23:49:04 CEST 2000

> All the code I've seen requires that you build either an ACPI table or
> an Intel MP 1.x table.

I'll assume you meant APIC (Advanced Programmable Interrupt Controller)
instead of ACPI. (Isn't that Advanced Computer Power Interface?)  Or is
ACPI something different? (too many acronyms)

Looks like I have to build both APIC and Intel MP tables; I am not too
excited about that.  I guess I'll just printk() everything and hardwire
everything in to start with. I don't even think I need to store the
information where the bios would; I just need to assign variables.  I have
no idea how we are going to do autodetection..

I am working with kernel 2.4.0-test1; the only file I believe I need to
edit is mpparse.c.  Does this sound right to everybody?

	- James

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de