[OpenBIOS] Re: [fb-d] SMP Bootup

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl
Mon Jun 12 16:34:05 CEST 2000

On Sat, 10 Jun 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:

> > I am working with kernel 2.4.0-test1; the only file I believe I need to
> > edit is mpparse.c.  Does this sound right to everybody?
>
> Yes but where does mpparse get its info from?

 It usually gets a table from BIOS.  But it need not to.  See
construct_default_ISA_mptable() for how the so-called default MP
configurations are handled.

 If you know details of a particular SMP board you may either build an MPS
compliant MP table or provide an alternate way of providing this
information together with a backend called from find_smp_config().  The
backend may reuse existing code like construct_default_ISA_mptable() does.

+        e-mail: macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl, PGP key available        +

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de