[OpenBIOS] Re: Current Status in SiS Side

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Jun 12 14:06:10 CEST 2000

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000, Ollie Lho wrote:

> 	We can use matroxfb to boot linuxbios on SiS 630 to the point of
> patittion check. For cold boot, the kernel panic about unable to mount
> root file system. For warm reboot, the kernel Oops. Why ?? Does this exist
> on you side ??

not a problem here at all. What motherboard are you using? I can send a
romimage for the procomp. On cold boot, the kernel is coming up too fast
for the hard drive; see my web page for a patch for this problem.

> 	I also tried to update the kernel, but it seems that the patch in
> CVS only works on 2.3.99pre5. Even 2.3.99pre6 fail to turn on the monitor,
> what's wrong ?

I'll create a new patch this week ASAP, and you can try that. I am slowly
backing my patches out of the kernel, since parameter passing etc. is now
working better.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de