[OpenBIOS] SMP Bootup

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl
Mon Jun 19 17:57:23 CEST 2000

On Mon, 19 Jun 2000, Ronald G Minnich wrote:

> It is floating bus, I am sure of that. We just have to see why.

 The local APIC is internal to the CPU.  Make sure it is enabled and the
MP table correctly reports its mapping address.  For how to enable and
remap the APIC see PPro/PII/PIII manuals -- there is an MSR which provides
this functionality.  I can't recall it's number nor layout at the moment,
though.

+        e-mail: macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl, PGP key available        +

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de