[OpenBIOS] another free bios project

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Jun 20 11:59:09 CEST 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, gram wilson wrote:

>     Talkware TIARA, an Openbios/GRUB/PFORTH composite, BIOS replacement.

> and was wondering if anybody had heard of it?

I've heard of it. I plan to use some of their code for init purposes, I
think.

> It got me thinking that maybe all of the free bios developers (this
> project, freebios, openbios, linuxbios) should get together and
> collaborate on features. This way there would be more developers,
> which could mean accelerated development, better features, and more
> testing.

the thing is, linuxbios is not a bios in the sense of the others. our goal
is to boot linux fast, and let it do the work. We don't care if you can't
run dos.

I do think that openbios should be picking up on some of the freebios and
other work. There is too much assembly in openbios for my taste.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de