[OpenBIOS] another free bios project

gram wilson kwyjibo at flashcom.net
Tue Jun 20 11:45:56 CEST 2000

I just came across this project at SourceForge:

    Talkware TIARA, an Openbios/GRUB/PFORTH composite, BIOS replacement.
    Boots an unmodifed linux kernel from an IDE drive or ethernet, using
    only 128kb of flash. Works with INTEL/AMD K6/2-450, SiS 530/5595 and
    8139 enet. VGA & Serial console supported.

and was wondering if anybody had heard of it?

It got me thinking that maybe all of the free bios developers (this
project, freebios, openbios, linuxbios) should get together and
collaborate on features. This way there would be more developers,
which could mean accelerated development, better features, and more
testing.

Also, I would like to thank all of the people who work on these
projects now, because a free/open source bios is something we all really
need.

-gram
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de