[OpenBIOS] Log_bufs

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl
Tue Jun 20 22:36:27 CEST 2000

On Tue, 20 Jun 2000, James V Hendricks wrote:

> OK.  Another snapshot.  What worries me is the per-cpu timeslice cutoff
> being listed as 0 usecs.  The 'kernel bug' means that either the APIC is

 That's probably because the CPU reports zero as its cache size.  I
wouldn't worry for now (but check you set up MSRs right).

> not on still or that we don't set boot_cpu_id correctly; the
> line is:
>         if (GET_APIC_ID(apic_read(APIC_ID)) != boot_cpu_id)
>                 BUG();

 I am pretty sure handling of default configurations was still broken for
2.3.99-pre5.  This code would trigger if you booted on CPU#1 on such a
system, for example.  Why wouldn't you upgrade to the current kernel?  I
have fixed this recently.

+        e-mail: macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl, PGP key available        +

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de