[OpenBIOS] Re: IO-APIC

Maciej W. Rozycki macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl
Wed Jun 28 15:30:10 CEST 2000

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, James Hendricks wrote:

>   I don't think our IO-APIC is enabled..  We tell it to set its ID to 2,
> but it continues to think its ID is F.  Here is the kernel panic:

 It looks like chip select for the APIC is not enabled or is configured
for another address.

> Does anyone know how to setup the IO-APIC correctly and/or know where I
> can find this information (Maciej, you wrote io_apic.c, right?)?

 Hmm, I guess that's Ingo Molnar who deserves credit for writing
io_apic.c.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

 Make sure the I/O APIC is mapped at the address reported in the MP table.
You should get necessary bits from chipset's datasheets.  There is
print_IO_APIC() function you may use for diagnostics, too.  You may check
you are looking at a real APIC with it.

+        e-mail: macro at ds2.pg.gda.pl, PGP key available        +

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de