[OpenBIOS] Hello

James jvh at uclink4.berkeley.edu
Thu Jan 13 08:43:59 CET 2000

OK.  So far we can load the OpenBIOS code into memory (under DOS) and
then jump to it.  We uncompress the kernel to 0x100000 and then jump to
it.  It starts to load and gets pretty far, but it tries to read
information out of the BIOS and (surprise, surprise) fails.  It fails on
the "Check Halt" and the "Calibrating Delay Loop".  Interrupts don't work
(I think).  That is bad.

We're getting there.  We need to put information that Linux will grab out
of the BIOS where Linux expects it (why is Linux grabing stuff out of the
BIOS?).  Etc.  I'll post when we get closer.

	- James

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de