[OpenBIOS] BIOS

Thierry Deval TDeval at primeobj.com
Sat Jan 8 23:46:11 CET 2000

On 08-Jan-00 Corvin Zahn wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Thierry Deval wrote:
>
>> > Do you have any kind of support for the internal graphic controller? It
>> > seems very difficult to get a working VGA BIOS from ST. The VGA VIOS
>> > should be written by a company named elpin. They are announcing their
>> > product (which will be binary only :( ) since about a year but nothing
>> > happens.
>>
>> Are you talking about VGABIOS-elpin-2.20 which was included with the Bochs
>> PC
>> emulator ?
>> I can send it to you (it's only 32k).
>
> Is this BIOS for the STPC industrial (with flat panel support)?
> The only BIOS, I know is the one on the ST web page for the STPC client
> (gbios100.zip). In December ST told me, the STPC industrial VGA BIOS is
> not yet finished. But if you have a working version, I would appreciate to
> get it.

I don't think it is specific to the STPC, because it was the VGABIOS included
with BOCHS to drive their VGA emulation. I don't know if it would be compatible
with Flat Panel displays.

However, this BIOS was developed by Elpin, not specifically for BOCHS...

I'll post it to you, for you to test it.

Thierry
-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de