[OpenBIOS] ANNOUNCE: Collecting OpenBIOS patches

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 20 09:03:15 CET 2000

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000, Stawnyczy, Evan wrote:

> I've been on this OpenBIOS newsletter for almost 2 months... i'ven't seen
> much traffic.  However, I would _LOVE_ to contribute, so, can someone tell
> me what is required, or in which way i can contribute?

yes, one thing I could really use is a summary of how you get devbios to
write to the flash ram on an intel nightshade (440gx+). I don't have this
right now.

We're getting pretty close here to frying -- er, flashing the bios from
linux, but I'm stuck on this last step. I'm pretty sure it's the
motherboard jumper.

I'm also going to mod devbios a little (replace things like 0x40 with
#define-type constants etc.) to make it a bit more readable.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de