[OpenBIOS] Questions...

Daniele Frijia realcosmo at freiburg.linux.de
Fri Jan 21 00:36:57 CET 2000

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 08:33:42PM -0000, Steve and Sue wrote:
> Is http://www.freiburg.linux.de/openbios/ the correct URL?

Yes.

> Is there any specification for OpenBIOS that defines the initial aims,
> features etc?

There a several goals....one of them ist providing a 32-bit bios, so
that you won't need bootloaders for several Unice.
You saw the wishlist, so now you know which features could be implement
;)

I it should be Stefan Reinauer <stepan at linux.de>

> I have written and ported BIOS code for industrial computers, but most of
> that source is over-weight and difficult to adapt - so I am interested in
> working on something that is more flexible, but I don't want to waste time
> on code that is only intended for getting a Linux box up and running.

Linux isn't the only unixlike 32-bit OS, OpenBIOS should support. I
think it's not necessary to list all other free Unice that would profit
of the programming of OpenBIOS.

Regards, Daniele
--
We have reason to believe that man first
walked upright to free his hands for masturbation.
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de