[OpenBIOS] Questions...

Jeff Garzik jgarzik at mandrakesoft.com
Mon Jan 24 08:56:47 CET 2000

James wrote:
> I'm dinking around with getting a BIOS to run in some form of an emulator,
> like VMWare.  That way I can't mess anything up too badly.  I think I'll
> get that up in the next little while.  Any other ideas?

James,

If you can get it to work, the loadbios program on the OpenBIOS Web page
should be your best bet.  It will load your OpenBIOS image into RAM
where the BIOS normally lives, and then warm-reboot to start the image.

It wouldn't work for me, though :(  I think the reason is that I cannot
disable BIOS shadowing on my i430FX.

--
Jeff Garzik         | Andre the Giant has a posse.
Building 1024       |
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de