[OpenBIOS] INFO: How to contribute to OpenBIOS

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Jan 25 13:50:16 CET 2000

On Tue, 25 Jan 2000, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> Niklas Ekström wrote:
> > When solving a physics problem you don't start by doing
> > experiments and first after that find out what the experiments was good
> > for, if at all (atleast that's not the way you _should_ do it! ;). From
> > the above you can probably guess what I think about the "hack-and-go"
> > approach I've seen mentioned here at times.
>
> "hack-and-go" is known more formally as a more iterative approach to
> design.  In my experience up-front designs are helpful as roadmaps, but
> are _very rarely_ accurate once you reach the end of the road.

yes, but jeff, let's keep this in mind when we start using openbios for
physics problems. Until then, though, OpenBios looks like an engineering
problem, with breadboards and testbeds. Which can be misconstrued as "hack
and go" if you haven't been at this kind of thing for very long :-)

ron
p.s. Not that I want to interfere with anyone's right to slam everyone on
this list :-)

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de