[OpenBIOS] INFO: How to contribute to OpenBIOS

Niklas Ekström t97nek at student.tdb.uu.se
Tue Jan 25 18:46:59 CET 2000

I just though I should mention that I am, and has been for a while,
programming an OpenFirmware compliant bios. The code is not available yet,
but will be when it's finnished. I'm aiming to implement all three major
OF interfaces (device, user, client). So far I have done the devicetree
and the FCode evaluator. Untill I release the code I don't know how this
could benefit anyone else, but atleast now you know that someone else is
also working on this.

Since I'm not working on OpenBIOS I guess I shouldn't comment on how it
should be done. But as a general though about programming (and possible
all intellectual work at all), my opinion is that you should first make a
strategy and write a design, and first after that start to do the actual
work (code). When solving a physics problem you don't start by doing
experiments and first after that find out what the experiments was good
for, if at all (atleast that's not the way you _should_ do it! ;). From
the above you can probably guess what I think about the "hack-and-go"
approach I've seen mentioned here at times.

/ Niklas

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de