[OpenBIOS] Video

Ronald G. Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Fri Feb 18 08:29:24 CET 2000

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Todd Whitesel wrote:
> Talk to the XFree86 4.0 guys; they're tackling the problem right now because
> they want to handle multi-headed machines, and (except for certain double
> headed products from people like Matrox) only one card can occupy the legacy
> ISA address area so extra cards never have their VGA BIOS' run at all.

Thanks, that is a *great* idea.

The thing is, the chip on the L440GX is a cirrus, and cirrus has always
been pretty good about open specs on their chips. If it were one of the
other companies I would think about giving up :-) I think we can get this.
We'll be talking to the xfree guys.

Also, in a pinch I can survive in the cluster with serial console until we
get this.

ron

-
To unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo at freiburg.linux.de